Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wish List

Regrets, I've had a few...

I wish I would've learned to deal poker first, instead of blackjack and dice.

I wish Diet Coke tasted just like regular Coke.

I wish one of these jobs I applied for would call me back.

I wish I knew how to PhotoShop.

I wish the earbuds on my iPod were more comfortable.

I wish I would've sold all of my Schwab stock that day it hit $126 per share.

I wish I would've bought American Airlines stock back in February of 2003 when it was about seventy cents per share.

I wish I would've never bought Lucent. All three times.

I wish I'd never gone to Embry-Riddle and taken out all those student loans.

I wish there were a genuine Conservative running for President in 2008.

I wish I would've never bought that 2001 Frontier. The 1995 one was just fine. And almost paid off.

I wish I'd moved to Vegas sooner.

I wish I'd discovered sailing at an earlier age.

I wish I didn't have to pay so much taxes.

I wish the morning sun weren't directly in my eyes as I type this.

I wish I would've never bought a computer with Windows Millenium as the operating system.

I wish Cuban cigars weren't so expensive or hard to come by.

I wish I could've had another night with Jennifer Lequia.

I wish I had a martini shaker and a shelf full of fine booze. Besides all the rum, of course.

I wish I would've practiced the guitar more.

I wish I didn't need DirectTV to get the NFL Sunday Ticket.

I wish more bars and restaurants in this city served Michelob Light.

I wish there were a 24-hour Chinese take-out place close by.

I wish I would've sold Enron short back in 2001.

I wish I would've sold every stock, long option, and mutual fund I owned back on April 14th, 2000.

I wish I would've never asked Jeff Ackerson why nobody in our department got a thousand dollar bonus for passing their Series 8 exam when the guys in Electronic Order Review got them. I picked the wrong flag to die under that day.

I wish I would've bet my entire paycheck on the Rams to win the Super Bowl the day after Trent Green went down with a knee injury. I could've used $280,000 that next February.

I wish I'd had more situational awareness that night Trisha and I spent out in Provo Canyon. I also wish I would've called her back once she got home from London.

I wish I wouldn't have stopped in Lumpkin County, Georgia that day. Or at least not have been such a smartass to that cop.

I wish I would've stayed on the ship an extra week and never taken that job at Washington Mutual.

I wish Geico Insurance would just go under. Or at least stop advertising. I had the Gecko tattoo long before I'd ever heard of their stupid asses.

I wish people from California would stop moving here.

I wish I would've had the balls to ask out Missy Tate back in college. Hottest girl I've ever met.

I wish digital cameras had been invented back when I spent six months in Alaska.

I wish I would've finished getting my pilot's license.

I wish my big cards would hold up as often as statistical analysis says they should.

I wish they still had Taco flavored Doritos.

I wish I would've bought the V-8.

I wish I could control the dice.

I wish I could afford a Harley. And a garage to keep it in.

I wish I were a better shot.

I wish writing were easier.

I wish I could control who wins and who loses at my table.

I wish my coffeemaker worked faster.

I wish I had more vacation time.

I wish our oven worked.

I wish I had never seen Pat Summit in a cheerleader outfit last night. Ruined a perfectly good fantasy...

I wish I had Biff Tannen's Sports Almanac.

I wish the NBA would just go away.

I wish the temperature would get above 65 degrees today.

I wish I had the motivation to write about that road trip to San Francisco.

I wish I could spend more time sailing. And camping.

I wish I had an Egg McMuffin right about now...



Mikey

No comments: