Tuesday, December 19, 2006

More Goodies!

After last night's snowstorm, I was looking forward to seeing what the backyard looked like this morning when I got up. I woke up around 11:00, but I could tell that it was much to bright and sunny outside for any snow to be left on the ground. So I went out to the carport to take a look around, and yep, all the snow was gone, but the melted remnants were dripping off the roof all around (no raingutters here in the desert), and let me tell you, a huge drop of freshly melted snow hitting you right down the back of your shirt first thing in the morning will *definitely* wake you up.

I was thinking about making a pot of coffee, but got distracted when I threw in a load of laundry and then went to the kitchen and unpacked my new set of silverware and washed it. Once that little chore was done, I came back to my room and sat down at the computer, but heard one of my roommates yelling Mail Call!, and could see the mailman walking back down the driveway to his truck. Obviously there was something that wouldn't fit in the box.

I went back to the kitchen, and on the counter was a huge box addressed to me, the return address saying nothing but 'Connecticut Santa'. I knew that had to be Dave P, and I figured there were some quality munchies inside.

Attacking the packing tape with a pocketknife, I had the box open in no time. Inside was a huge plastic tub filled to the brim with goodies--every sort of Christmas cookie and candy you could imagine. Not only that, everything was labeled and organized in plastic bags.

The first order of business was to pour a tall glass of milk and then sample one of everything. There were sugar cookies, sesame cookies (suprisingly good!), chocolate chip/raisin cookies, truffles (oh HELL yeah!), fruit-filled cookies, RUM BALLS!, little pretzel/chocolate thingies, and of course, his version of peanut butter balls.

So I got to samplin' and emailed him a thank-you note.

There was some good stuff in there, and I'm not too proud to admit that the pretzel/chocolate treats are already gone (I had to do the Seinfeld cereal/milk thing and nibble until all the milk was gone...), and I've got the package of rumballs attached to my face like a horse with a feedbag strapped on, and I plan on spending the rest of the afternoon stumbling around in an enjoyable haze.

As far as the peanut butter balls go, they are damn good. Are they better than Mamasan's? Hmm... tough question. Further research is needed...

Mikey

No comments: