Friday, December 22, 2006

A Couple of Minor Gripes

Hey, I know that everyone is out celebrating their last day in the office before the nice long holiday weekend, getting absolutely nothing done except for hitting the potluck and exchanging a few simple gifts with co-workers. That's one thing I miss about the regular 9-5 life--days like today where everyone is in a good mood, there is no drama or office politics, and it's like an adult version of indoor recess. And of course most people go home early, anyways, besides goofing of all day. So have fun out there, but be careful on the way home--the roads are full of crazy last-minute shoppers.

I know it's Christmas and all, but I'm a little sad that one record I was going for fell a bit short. I'd made it all the way until December 21st before having to listen to that execrable and repugnant Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney. Seriously, I can't think of a worse Christmas song that's ever been produced. Even the folks running the Sounds of the Seasons channel on Cox Cable have wised up and seem to have pulled it from the regular rotation. As Ricky Bobby would say--Thank you dear lord baby Jesus!

But I was stuck at work at a dead table late at night and it came on through the overhead sound system, so I was truly a captive audience and couldn't get away from it. But that's a helluva record--I've been listening to Christmas tunes for several hours a day since the week before Thanksgiving, and just yesterday was the first time I had to experience that musical turd.

And I know that during all this festivity going on around us, I probably should talk about such things, but I discovered the latest sign that the Apocalypse is upon us... While nibbling on my Chickin In a Biskit crackers, I noticed that Rachel Ray's picture is posted FOUR times on the damn box. I couldn't turn it away and get away from it--She was everywhere! So I took the Exacto knife to it. No, I didn't stab it, I just cut her head off--it was just too creepy to look at, and frankly, I thought she made my crackers taste funny. She had to go.

Mikey

No comments: