Monday, December 04, 2006

Another Long List...

Some of the other bloggers I read on a daily basis have been passing this list around, so I'm going to throw my hat in the ring.

Everything in boldface type is something that I've already done.

01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink-- A couple of times
02. Swam with wild dolphins--Not that I know of, but fed the ones at Sea World. I've sailed with a pod of dolphins accompanying me and they were jumping in and out of the bow wave. That was pretty cool.
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive--And a few Porsches and even a Rolls Royce, but that was just delivering them
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid -- Screw that. I'm not going to Haji land until they get their shit together.
06. Held a tarantula -- and ran over one with a Jeep, too!
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone -- Yep, but you don't want to think about that...
08. Said “I love you” and meant it -- Of course we always mean it if it's gonna get us laid...
09. Hugged a tree -- Yeah, I suppose when I was younger and into climbing trees.
10. Bungee jumped -- Do they make cords strong enough for me?
11. Visited Paris -- Only the one between Ballys and the Aladdin.
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea -- very cool as long as it's from a distance.
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise -- damn near every day!
14. Seen the Northern Lights -- Yep, six months in Alaska, you can't help it if you look up.
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa -- Not unless they want to reclassify it as 'ruins'
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables -- We had a garden when we were kids, but I remember being dirt poor in college and stealing the neighbors rhubarb...
18. Touched an iceberg -- Hell, I did even better. Somewhere around here I have a picture of me STANDING on an iceberg. Oooh, and I've eaten part of one, too.
19. Slept under the stars -- lots of camping trips
20. Changed a baby’s diaper -- yeah, but I'm not proud of it.
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon -- Not yet
22. Watched a meteor shower -- from the top deck of a houseboat on Lake Powell. With a chick. In a sleeping bag. Good times.
23. Gotten drunk on champagne -- Yeah, but if you want to get *really* sick, nothing works better than tequila
24. Given more than you can afford to charity -- Yes, and might I suggest the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope -- Loved the Astronomy classes in college.
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment -- Too many times to count.
27. Had a food fight -- They don't call me Senator Blutarsky for nothin'
28. Bet on a winning horse -- More than once, even, and I don't know *shiat* about the ponies.
29. Asked out a stranger -- Of course! The girls that know me would never say yes...
30. Had a snowball fight -- Nothing will ever top the time I nailed a guy right in the bald spot from 40 yards away. I was a legend that day.
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can -- Hell yeah. The Cardinals won the World Series this year!
32. Held a lamb -- Hmmm, not that I remember. Unless on the end of a fork counts.
33. Seen a total eclipse -- Not that I recall, except on the news after the fact.
34. Ridden a roller coaster -- The Matterhorn at Disneyland was the first, but the one I've ridden the most was the old Wabash Cannonball back when there was an Opryland.
35. Hit a home run -- I even got a grand slam a couple times back in the day!
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking -- I have to not care. Otherwise, I'd never be able to dance.
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day -- No, but it gives me a great idea.
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer -- I've had three for this one, so far...
40. Visited all 50 states -- Nope. Probably won't happen, either. I'm ok with missing Massachussetts.
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk -- Um, yeah. Have you met my friends???
42. Had amazing friends -- Of course. Drunkards and all!
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country -- The shot girl at Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel was a stranger...
44. Watched wild whales -- yep, freaked out a bit when a big-ass gray whale surfaced about 15 feet away from the rubber Zodiac I was sitting in.
45. Stolen a sign -- only when I'm leading off from second with a right handed pitcher and Skip wants to put on the hit-and-run. Oh, and I had my share of traffic signs in my room as a teen, too.
46. Backpacked in Europe -- Fark that. If I'm going to Europe, I'm staying first class, baby. Hippies annoy me and smell bad. Why would I want to join them?
47. Taken a road-trip -- If you only knew...
48. Gone rock climbing -- Tried it once. Feh...
49. Midnight walk on the beach -- Of course. Everyone's got to have a 'From Here to Eternity' date at least once!
50. Gone sky diving -- No. Ever see Operation Dumbo Drop?
51. Visited Ireland -- Not yet, but it's on the list.
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love -- Ashamed to admit that Stephani Layton wrecked me for a couple of years.
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them -- No, that's a little creepy.
54. Visited Japan -- Nope.
55. Milked a cow -- Never done that, but I had to untangle an angry steer from the bushes and trees on several occasions. He used to get me with those damn horns every time too. But I got even, and eventually ate him.
56. Alphabetized your CDs
57. Pretended to be a superhero -- Who's pretending? Ever seen me and Batman in the same room at the same time? Huh?
58. Sung karaoke -- When I'm drunk, I become Thelma Houston.
59. Lounged around in bed all day -- In fact, that's on the agenda for today!
60. Played touch football -- and the real kind, too. I was #64, the greatest linebacker in 5th grade!
61. Gone scuba diving -- Sadly, not yet.
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China -- They're still Commies over there, right? No thanks.
67. Started a business -- Back in high school I created my own fictitious scout troop and ordered a bunch of cases of fundraiser M&M's and sold them every day at school to earn money.
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken -- My record is intact--it always ends badly.
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight -- Are you effin' kiddin' me? I've actually *kissed* a girl before...
72. Gotten married -- Nada. Betrothed once, but that was a long time ago.
73. Been in a movie -- Um, not the kind you'd see at like, theatres...
74. Crashed a party -- Lots of times
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days -- Screw that. The closest I've come is going without BEER for five days.
77. Made cookies from scratch -- yeah, no big deal.
78. Won first prize in a costume contest -- no, but everyone still talks about the 'Ghost of Elvis' costume from 1999.
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice. Not even at the Venetian.
80. Gotten a tattoo (two and counting)
81. Rafted the Snake River -- on several occasions.
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert”. Sadly, nobody needs an expert on channel surfing, rum drinking, or cigar smoking.
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage -- Lots of times. I was a wannabe rocker in the day and had a bitchin' guitar. There is even video evidence floating around out there somewhere, precluding me from ever running for public office.
85. Been to Las Vegas -- Um yeah...a time or two.
86. Recorded music -- Yep. I still wish I had the disc of us covering Rock & Roll by Led Zeppelin. We had a great day in the studio one time.
87. Eaten shark -- Yep. It was either him or me...
88. Kissed on the first date -- Of course. Haven't you people ever heard of foreplay?
89. Gone to Thailand -- No. Most of them are here, anyways.
90. Bought a house -- Yep, it was easier than buying a car, too.
91. Been in a combat zone -- About 120 years after the fact, at Civil War battlefields...
92. Buried one/both of your parents -- Thankfully no.
93. Been on a cruise ship -- Yep! Many times. Can't wait to get back on one.
94. Spoken more than one language fluently. Hell no. I only know enough Spanish to get my ass kicked or get arrested.
95. Performed in Rocky Horror -- No, but back in the day I knew all the audience participation parts and had much fun at the Varsity Theatre in St. Louis.
96. Raised children -- No thanks. Can barely take care of myself...
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour. No. I have a job.
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country. No, since I have a job, I take taxis or rent cars when in a foreign country.
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over -- I think I've done this a couple of times.
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge -- I didn't know they allowed pedestrians. Drove across it a few times, though.
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking. Every day.
103. Had plastic surgery -- No, I'm much too pretty for that.
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived. Boating accident in Alaska. Was in the 36-degree water for almost 40 minutes. I decided that Alaska wasn't my cup of tea after that.
105. Wrote articles for a large publication -- You can find me published in the February 2004 issue of Latitudes & Attitudes.
106. Lost over 100 pounds -- No, but seemed to have found it...
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback -- Um, no. But I've held my share of chick's hair while they puked...
108. Piloted an airplane -- Hell yeah, and solo'd several times too!
109. Touched a stingray -- Yep, more photo evidence of this is somewhere on record, too--Mikey holding that thing up to the camera like a huge slimy pizza
110. Broken someone’s heart -- Not that I'm aware of.
111. Helped an animal give birth -- Please.
112. Won money on a T.V. game show -- No, but got selected to go to the Jeopardy College Championship tryouts. Didn't make the cut.
113. Broken a bone -- Twice, my wrist when I was five, and I broke my leg in two places the day President Reagan got shot. I had to wait my turn in the emergency room.
114. Gone on an African photo safari -- Not yet, but someday gonna take Sticky there!
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears -- Hell no. Did I mention that I have a job?
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol -- Yeah, a time or two.
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild -- Aren't they all?
118. Ridden a horse -- Lots and lots of times. I had an 'Honors' Biology class back in college, and that's all we'd ever do--go horseback riding and camping.
119. Had major surgery -- Not unless waking up during the removal of all four wisdom teeth counts.
120. Had a snake as a pet -- Yes, once. A very angry Garter Snake that originated the philosophy of 'They'll never take me alive!'
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon -- Nope
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours -- Every time I came back from Vegas, before moving here.
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states -- No, been to *almost* all of the States.
124. Visited all 7 continents -- Nope. And Antartica ain't on the To Do list, either.
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days -- Yep, the Buffalo River in Tennessee, and the Current River in Missouri.
126. Eaten kangaroo meat -- Why? What's wrong with cows, chickens, and pigs?
127. Eaten sushi -- Every chance I get!
128. Had your picture in the newspaper -- Most memorable was in July 0f 1987 when Reverend Dave and I were heckling Andre Dawson at The Murph. Huge pic on the front page of the sports section in the San Diego Union Tribune. One of my proudest moments as a sports fan.
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about -- Got my mom to agree that guns aren't all bad.
130. Gone back to school -- Yep, that's how I got my current job.
131. Parasailed
132. Touched a cockroach -- Only if a shoe as I was squashing the nasty bastard.
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read -- Mark Twain. More stuff than just Huckleberry Finn.
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating -- Only if fish count.
137. Skipped all your school reunions -- So Far
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language --damn near every day that I deal blackjack!
139. Been elected to public office -- See #84 above...
140. Written your own computer language -- I think this is related to that Dungeons and Dragons question.
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream -- Not yet, but others think I'm living their dream...
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care. Nope, my friends usually go out in a blaze of glory
143. Built your own PC from parts.
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you. Yep, my Rush 2112 painting I did in 9th grade. Sold it to a stoner for like twenty bucks.
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair-- I think I brushed peroxide on my hair back in high school one summer.
147. Been a DJ -- Yeah, but quit when I was told that Oingo Boingo was "too upbeat"
148. Shaved your head -- Every day!
149. Caused a car accident -- Just one, that I know of.
150. Saved someone’s life -- Twice, both times it was kids who were on the verge of drowning.

Mikey

No comments: