Monday, August 10, 2009

Two New Favorites

*Sigh*

I think I have two new favorite words to add to my daily lexicon. Of course, you all know that my all-time favorite word is Buffoonery, with Asshat running a close second, but now I'm also going to elevate the words 'Jackassery' and 'Moronitude' to most-favored-nation status.

Seriously, I've experienced so much of both in the past week, that it truly boggles the mind. And the past 24 hours have just been chock-full of both. I *could* go on another self-righteous rant, but I shall refrain. I don't want people to think that I'm an angry person by nature, it's just that I have a low tolerance for stupidity, and I've seen more than my fair share lately.

On the other hand, the gal in the rental office must have lit a fire under somebody's ass, because I've had two more people come out and measure my cabinets in the past two days, and the guy that was here this morning was most apologetic and accommodating, asking me if it was all right if the cabinets aren't done until the end of the week.

End of this week? Hell yeah!

I thought about tossing out a funny-yet-inappropriate Jules Winfield quote right about then and go with 'Shiat, Negro, that's all you had to say!', but luckily my brain engaged before my mouth did. Besides, we're both white as Wonder Bread, so it probably wouldn't have made much sense to the maintenance guy, unless he'd seen Pulp Fiction a few dozen times. And of course the whole experience would've been reported on *his* blog about all the weirdos and freaks he runs into on a daily basis at the apartment complex. Heh.

Yeah, had to go over and measure cabinets again for the fat guy with no furniture. Dude only speaks in movie lines and song lyrics. I swear, I should've stayed in college...

Anyhow, the downside of having my new cabinet facings done, is that I now realize that my kitchen cabinets are actually two different colors. Yep, now that it was pointed out to me, it really bothers me. Kinda like realizing halfway through the workday that you have on one black sock and one blue one... The cabinets at one end of the kitchen are the 'old' finish, and the cabinets on the other end are new. And it's plain as day, but somehow I never noticed until somebody said something about it yesterday. Seriously--I just never saw it.

Anyhow, I guess I'll just put up with it, but it's the kind of thing a gal would just freak out about. At least the gals I hang out with...

How can you possibly live in a place where the kitchen cabinets are mismatched?!?!?!

--I dunno, I never noticed it before.

Somehow, I doubt that answer would ever fly...

Anyhow, that's the news from this end of the world. On an interesting note, I called the finance company today to get the payoff amount on my truck, and found out that 1) the gal that answered my call, I shit you not, was named 'Levitra', and 2), I'm more than 3/5ths of the way to owning that sucker outright.

That put a spring in my step...

Mikey

No comments: