Sunday, August 09, 2009

Scrub-A-Dub-Dub


Damn, I wish my vacuum cleaner were here. I ordered it early last week, but since I'm too cheap stubborn to pop for Amazon Prime membership (and with it the free two-day shipping), I have to be patient and have my stuff delivered at their leisure. The free Super Saver shipping is cool and all, but I'm the world's least patient person.

So instead of vacuuming the carpets here at Casa de Mikey today, I've done just about everything else I can think of. I scrubbed and bleached the entire bathroom, swept and mopped all the tile, swept the patio, scrubbed the kitchen from top to bottom (even cleaning the crumbs out of the bottom of the toaster oven), ran the dishwasher, and I'm currently working on the fifth load of laundry for the day. Next on the list is hitting the paper shredder and getting rid of some of the clutter from my desk.

Right now, I'm waiting for the maintenance guy to show up and re-measure my cabinets. I finally got an audience with the Holy Father general manager here at the apartment complex yesterday, and she promised me that somebody would come by today and get the ball rolling. If it were up to me, I'd have them just scavenge what they need from one of the vacant apartments here in the complex, but of course, that would make too much sense.

Otherwise, that's all I've got going on. I'm pretty sure that I won't have to work tonight, so I can relax. And although I'm hungry, the kitchen is so sparkly clean that I don't want to mess it up for another day or so. Dinner might be fish tacos at Rubio's.

Mikey

No comments: