Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The REAL Cruise Week

Y'all remember back a couple of years ago when I did my own 'Cruise Week' post? I think, at the time, I was a year away from the next planned cruise with the family. Well, due to circumstances beyond my control, I was unable to go on that one--my sisters went without me.

However... That won't be the case this year.

In less than three months, I'm eastbound and down! Yep, it's creeping up on me--the regularly scheduled Sibling Revelry cruise is just around the corner. I can't wait. We planned this thing a year ago, and I paid it off a few months back, and not only that, I also got my plane ticket as soon as Southwest opened up the dates. All I have left to do is gather a little spending money and rent my James Bond tuxedo and I'm good to go.

This time, we're doing it right. No more piling four of us into one interior cabin down in steerage with the goats, chickens, and Irishmen. Instead, we've got four cabins in a row, all with balconies. And Sherry and her husband Steve have a mack-daddy suite on the stern of the ship, with a huge balcony.

It's gonna be a good time.

Of course, now that it's getting close, the emails and chatter have started to increase in volume. Lots of 'what should we do in this port?' and 'who's gonna sneak which booze onboard?' type of stuff.

Since I live so frickin' far away from our departure port in Florida, I'm heading out a day early--already have the hotel room paid for, too! There are just no flights leaving Vegas early enough in the day to get me to the ship on time for embarkation, not to mention any extra time for delays, so I'm just gonna go ahead and get out there a day ahead of everyone and then just meet up with them once we board.

Man--I can't wait. I haven't been on a cruise since 2004, and I'm good and ready to go. It's been far too long. Hopefully, at one of our stops, I'll be able to get some daysailing done. I really miss that. If not, I'll be content to plant my ass on the beach somewhere--toes in the water, ass in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand--and just enjoy the view and the tropical breeze.

Three months, baby. That's all. It'll be here before I know it.

Mikey

No comments: