Monday, April 19, 2010

Word Around the Campfire...

Hey Gang!

Happy Monday to everyone! I'm makin' this update from a 'borrowed' wifi signal, and I don't know how long it's gonna last, so it'll be a quickie.

Anyhow, I'm here in the lovely tree-covered hills of south-central Tennessee, a good half-hour outside of Nashville, just enjoying my time away from the neon city. I had an absolutely fantastic weekend with the family, and as soon as I get some coffee in me, I'll get started on the week's activities.

Saturday was a blast--my flights were smooth and easy and on-time, and the best part of it was that there wasn't a single child on my flight from Vegas to Denver. Not one person under the age of 18 anywhere on the plane--that *never* happens. Talk about a nice flight! Somebody outta come up with an 'adults only' airline, and I'd bet they'd make a nice living, charging a premium from those of us willing to pay a little extra to be able to travel without having to listen to screaming brats on the plane. The flight from Denver to Nashville--well, it made up for it. It was full of little people.

But the 'Redneck Reunion' party on Saturday night was a success--almost the entire family made it out for the festivities, and we stayed up till the wee hours laughing it up around the bonfire. I don't have many pictures right now, but everyone else does, so I'll post some later this week. But from what you see at the top of this post, you don't want to be the first one to pass out at this gathering.

Yesterday was pretty mellow. Once everyone crawled out of bed, we just kind of hung out here at Cyndi and Tim's place, playing cards, munchin' on leftovers, and playing with the kids all day. Once I get a hold of some of the pics from Sunday, y'all will definitely get a laugh. We got silly with the magic markers and I drew a goatee on my six-year-old great nephew Jackson that he wore around all day long. Funniest. Shiat. Evar.

Reverend Dave got into the act and put a tramp-stamp on Jackson's four-year-old sister Brynn. Of course she spent the rest of the day showing it to everyone. We thought Alli (our niece, the kids' mom) was gonna kill us when she saw it, but she's been part of this family her whole life, so she wasn't surprised at all...

Anyhow, today my employed siblings go back to work and such, but Reverend Dave and I are hanging out getting a few things done. (He starts his new job next week, so he's free to goof off with me, as is Amy). Later this afternoon we're road-tripping down to Alabama, I've got an interview tomorrow, and then tomorrow night we're celebrating Amy's b-day with dinner for about 20 people or so at the Cheesecake Factory. After that, the rest of the week is unplanned.

But it's still early in the morning, so I'm gonna get some coffee and then take a shower and such and get the day started. I'll post another update on Wednesday or Thursday or so, and maybe share some pics, too.

Peace out, y'all!

Mikey

No comments: