Monday, November 15, 2010

Everything But the Keyboard

Hey gang--I know y'all are patiently waiting for a cruise post, complete with lots of pictures and funny stories, and I *promise* that it's coming.  Just not immediately.  Yeah, I've been working on it for quite some time, and I'd hoped to have it up first thing this morning, but it just didn't happen.

First of all, the first draft is still unfinished.  Second of all, what I've got so far still needs a bit of editing.  And third of all, I've been away from the keyboard for several days now.  I just haven't had a lot of quality time with the computer for awhile.

It started on Thursday, when I went up to Vanderbilt for my weekly jab at the clinic.  Once I got out of there, I ended up spending the entire afternoon over at Amy's house, then did a Costco run with Tim that evening, and by the time I got home, it was all I could do to stay awake on the couch and watch the Baltimore/Atlanta game.

On Friday, I got up pretty early and drove up to Mamasan's place.  Yeah, she lives 68 miles from my current digs down here in Spring Hill, so it's a commitment to go up and visit.  I packed a suitcase and stayed the night.  We had a nice time, didn't really do too much but hang out, play cards, and do some holiday planning. 

When I headed back south on Saturday afternoon, I had just enough time once I got home to take a shower and get myself all purtified before heading back out once again.  I ended up going to a party with Cyndi and Tim, and we ended up staying there until almost 2:00 in the morning.  It was a helluva good time, almost worth it's own post, but 1) I didn't take my camera, and 2) a lot of things that happened that night should probably just stay in the vault.  Besides, I think I picked up a few new readers while I was there, and well, some of that buffoonery should just remain unshared, if ya know what I mean.

Once I finally shuffled out of bed on Sunday morning and got some coffee in me, it was all I could do to read the paper and make my way to the couch for another day of football.  Eventually I took a shower and got some decent clothes on, and that afternoon, Tim, Jeff, and I spent a bit of time taking apart the dashboard on Tim's truck, trying to fix his headlight issue.  Once we got that taken care of, the womenfolk made it back home, and we had some folks over for dinner.

Cyndi & Tim made a batch of Cincinnati-style Skyline chili, and we had Caesar salad, garlic bread, and four-ways.  It was pretty damn good, but even though I know I'm gonna take some shiat for it, I don't think I'm a huge fan of the spices that go in that Skyline sauce.  I'm more of a traditional chili type of guy, but then again, that's what I grew up with.  Had I spent my formative years in Cincitucky, I'd probably think it's the best thing in the world.  Instead, I found it to be more 'interesting' than 'oh my god get me some more of THAT!'

But once we finished our dinner and the company had left, I believe I dozed through Iron Chef and/or the Steelers game before calling it a weekend.  And I don't feel like I got much sleep last night, either.  My bed is a bit too soft for me, I've found, so I wake up with a sore back every day.  Tim offered to pick up a piece of plywood while he's out today, so we'll stiffen it up a bit and I won't need to spend a good chunk of every morning trying to work the kinks out.

Anyhow, now that it's Monday morning, I've still got a lot to do.  I'm leaving in a few minutes to take Cyndi to the airport (her job is 100% travel, so she's only home on the weekends), and then I'll probably head over to Percy Priest Lake and walk the Anderson Road fitness trail.  It's still kind of cold and nasty out, but I need to get out and do some walking--I haven't done nearly as much as I should this past week, and I'm feeling antsy. 

But once I get back, I promise to sit down at the keyboard and get some work done on that cruise report.  It should be up very soon.  I just hope I haven't built up your expectations too highly. 

Until then, I'm outta here!


1 comment:

Jon said...

"Yeah, I've been working on it for quite some time, and I'd hoped to have it up first thing this morning, but it just didn't happen."

That's rather unfortunatey, Mikey :(   Maybe that's a side-effect of the meds you're taking?? :P