Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Technical Difficulties -- UPDATED

Hey Gang--

Hope you all like the new look.  Unfortunately, with the new template, I had to re-install the commenting software.  I could go back to the old blogger commenting, but if I do, I lose *all* of the old comments.  I'd prefer to keep them, so I'm sticking with the current system until the end of the year, and then I'll re-evaluate at that point.

Anyhow, there was a glitch.  When you click on the comment link, it just scrolls you down and puts the comment link at the top of the page.  Then you have to click it again to make your comment.  That ain't supposed to happen.  I've tried to fix it, but can't figure it out, so I've got a help ticket in with Echo support.  Depending on when they get back to me, we'll have to put up with the extra weird step.

But go ahead and leave any comments--I always appreciate feedback.

Mikey

**UPDATE**

Ok kiddies, I've got a temporary fix in.  Instead of my usual pop-up window, I've got it set so that when you click on the comment link it'll bring it up on the web page, not in a pop-up.  Of course, that also takes it to a 'post page', which is an individual page for each post, taking you away from the main page of the site.  So once you're done commenting, you'll have to click your bookmark or re-type the address in your browser window, basically doing again whatever you did to get here in the first place.  I know, it's a pain in the ass, kind of a cheap way to drive traffic (like Instapundit), but until I hear back from the tech support folks, this is the way it'll have to operate.  We now take you back to your regularly scheduled browsing...

3 comments:

Lars Vargas said...

It worked fine for me. One click and I can comment.

And I liek the new look. The darker side of Mikey. :)

DutchVegas said...

Worked ok here also..

Great look, i can see my mouse pointer again. :)

Dale Garber said...

I had to click the comments twice to get to the comment secvtion.

I'm glad to hear you are recovering, but as you found out don't try too much too fast.