Monday, August 23, 2010

Rewarding Myself

Yeah, it's not like I worked really hard today, but I actually did get a lot done. And I tell you what, nothing motivates like knowing that a complete stranger is coming over to your house in less than an hour--I got all the piles of trash bagged up and taken out before the gal showed up and bought my old Sharp 27" TV.

Yep, it's gone now.

I have to admit, I got more than my money's worth out of it. I think I paid around $300 for it back in 1998, and twelve years later it still works like the day I brought it home from the Best Buy across the street from Fiesta Mall in Mesa, Arizona (the Tempe one hadn't been built yet, and Chandler was still nothing but dairy farms at the time, and Ahwatukee was just the first unpronounceable exit once you got past civilization on your way to Tucson). It traveled with me from Arizona to Tennessee seven-odd years ago, and then back out here to Vegas in 2005. I kept it in my bedroom for the most part, and then used it as the spare TV in the Man Cave when Rob first brought home his HDTV. I did the same thing with it here at the Batch Pad last year during football season--Gotta be able to watch two games at a time, you know. After the bowl games and the playoffs ended, it sat next to my desk in the bedroom tuned to CNBC for the last several months.

Anyhow, I got fifty bucks for it and my spare DVD player, and that's one less heavy item to move next weekend. The ironic thing is, I sold it to a gal who just moved here from Nashville--so we had plenty to talk about.

Now that another item is crossed off the to-do list, I'm rewarding myself with another Smirnoff Blueberry Lemonade. I'm on my fifth one now, but then again, I've gotten a lot done in the past few hours. I still have five more left in the mini-fridge, and since one of the items on the list is 'clear out the mini-fridge', I think I'm gonna get a two-fer before the night is up!

Some more stuff is going late tonight, and then tomorrow afternoon I've got a big load of furniture leaving this place. Then it'll look like I'm really making progress.

More later. Maybe I'll take some photos tomorrow and post 'em up...

Mikey

No comments: