Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Lest We Forget...


We're still in the middle of the f*cking desert!

At this point, you certainly could've fooled me. Right now, the entire Vegas valley is blanketed by several inches of snow! It's amazing outside. It's snowed about an inch an hour since I've gotten home, and it's not melting at all--it's accumulating all over the place, and I don't think that there is a single salt truck or snowplow anywhere in Clark County.

It's gonna be fun driving to work tonight--but even worse, I can't imagine what the 215 looks like right about now.

Anyhow, how about some new pictures? Here's the same view off of my balcony, taken less than 36 hours later than the ones I posted yesterday morning:



Remember, click on it to get the full effect. Somewhere out there is the Vegas strip...

This is my street:



And this is the entry to the house. Check out the plants.



Here's a good shot of the balcony, showing just how much has accumulated so far:



And here is a shot of our neighbor's tree, which I thought was kind of cool:


The thing is, it's coming down even harder now than it was a few hours ago. There might be a foot of snow on the ground tomorrow morning!

Mikey

No comments: