Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Wanna Stay In Bed Today

Yep, the new flannel sheets are pretty dang comfy, and having that big fleece blanket on top doesn't hurt at all. My bed seems to have it's own tractor beam now, and I'm finding it tough to want to get out of it. I mean, it's still cold and icky outside, and I've got a pot of hot coffee within arm's reach, and a stack of interesting books on the nightstand, the TV remote, and my laptop--if I just had an astronaut suit or some big diapers, I wouldn't have to get up all day!

Last night, around 8 o'clock or so, I decided to call it a night. I had a very full day of doing little projects, house cleaning, running errands, and shopping, and I was spent. I had considered going out to dinner, but being out in the cold and rain earlier in the day ruined that idea. I can deal with rain, and just plain cold ain't that bad by itself, but combine the two, and I don't want a thing to do with it. I was a little hungry, but my inherent laziness took over after drinking a glass of apple juice and eating a handful of cashews, so I holed up in my fortress of solitude for the evening, did some reading, took a shower, and went to bed.

No sooner had I turned off the light (got a remote for that, too!), than my phone started ringing. It was my gal Jennifer calling. She's recently single again, and was looking for a drinking buddy tomorrow night. We haven't hung out in quite awhile, and she said she was going through her contact list on her phone and decided to call me up. So we talked for about twenty minutes or so, and made plans to go to the company Christmas party tonight. I had no idea that it was tonight, but then again, I *never* go back to the break room anymore at work, and hell, I'm really not there that much, so I had no idea that it was taking place. At least this year it'll be in a ballroom at a nice hotel instead of at a bowling alley.

We're both working day shift today, and it's slow enough that we'll both likely get out early, so once I get out, I'm gonna come home, put on some decent clothes and then go meet up with her. I'm off on Wednesday, so we'll probably get good and silly tonight.

I'll bring my camera, just in case there needs to be photo evidence of the buffoonery.

Mikey

No comments: