Tuesday, April 21, 2009

All Quiet On The Neon Front


Hey Gang...

I know that the Army of Reclickers it out there checking up on me, waiting for a new post, but the problem is, nothing interesting has happened since Sunday. I've had two *full* nights of work, even did a little overtime, and right now I'm just flat-out tired.

I've been up since 8:00 last night, after a very long day and only three hours of sleep, and right now I've got that tired ache behind my eyes that tells me it's time to shut it down for a few hours. I really need to get some rest.

Oh, I guess there is one thing to report--I may have found a new place to live. I found an apartment that's closer to work, and it's a nice one-bedroom place with vaulted ceilings, a fireplace, and a washer and dryer in the unit--pretty much everything I want in a place except for a gas stove. And the rent is three bucks a month cheaper than I'm paying right now.

The only holdup is my income verification (which is tough to prove, working for cash tips), but there may be a way around that. Anyhow, I hope it works out--I'd much rather live in my own place than have a roommate. I should know something by the end of the week.

Also, I am now officially climbing the corporate ladder--they hired another extra-board dealer in the poker room, so I am no longer the lowest of the low. Woot! No more washing lettuce--Soon I'll be on fries; then the grill. And pretty soon, I'll make assistant manager, and that's when the big bucks start rolling in.

Anyhow, I need to get some sleep. I might be hooking up with Audrey again tonight for some Vegas-style buffoonery, but before I hit the sack, I need to call Ed W and work out the logistics of my upcoming Phoenix trip--Jimmy Buffett at Desert Sky. Man, I can't wait!!!

Mikey

No comments: