Sunday, May 21, 2006

Found On Road, Dead


Well, I've figured out why all of my calls to the Highway Patrol and Metro Police trying to locate the Sled's remains this past week have proved fruitless. I got a call from my friend Jen this afternoon and she said that she saw my car when coming back from Red Rock this morning. I asked her where she saw it, and she said it's still on the side of I-15 up in North Las Vegas! She said it didn't have a pink sticker on it yet, either. She also told me that all the wheels were still on it and all of the glass was intact, which has got to be some kind of record for that neighborhood.

That would explain why the authorities can't tell me where it is--they still haven't done anything about it, either. I'd get it towed myself, but when my last paycheck hit the account, I was doing the responsible thing and paid off about $700 worth of old debt, paid the current bills, bought groceries, filled up the gas tank, and left myself with $150 in my pocket to get me through the next couple of weeks. I didn't expect the car to pull a Bluesmobile-in-front-of-the-assessors-office on me so soon, so the funds are a little short at the moment, otherwise I would've already had it towed to the junkyard and got a few bucks for the salvage (and I would've also siphoned all of the gas out of it, too). But it's just been sitting on the side of the freeway for the past six days, collecting dust and adding to more interest to the already scenic drive for the north side commuters.

I've lined up a rental car for next weekend--I was going to wait awhile longer, but Angy is in town, and also George and Marlisha are driving up to get hitched at the Graceland Chapel on Saturday, so I will most definitely need some sort of transportation. Being a frequent flyer with Thrifty, I got a deal for like $15 a day for a Stratus, which ain't too shabby for a holiday weekend in Vegas. I suppose I can take a drive up to the north side at some point and see if the sled is still there.

In the meantime, I think I'm gonna contact the folks at Guinness and find out what the record is for the largest hunk of roadkill--I may have a contender.

Mikey

No comments: