Thursday, May 07, 2009

Losing My Mind, Again


Ok, so I just went back and re-read this morning's earlier post, and yeah, I guess I should've tried to get a bit of sleep before writing that. But I was simmering at the time, and since I didn't have a heavy bag to punch, I settled for punching the keyboard.

Most of my frustration has evaporated, but still, I'm not gonna play any cards for awhile. Funny how when I'm doing well, it's because I'm playing well, but when I'm doing bad, it's just a frozen run of cards... Heh.

After my therapeutic rant, I managed to get a good eight hours of sleep, and I feel much better now. But still, I'm going to avoid the cardrooms for a bit.

I still haven't gotten much done as far as moving my stuff down the stairs goes, but that starts this afternoon. The first thing I've done today was call Eddie W and finalize the plans for next week. I can't wait for the Jimmy Buffett concert--gonna be a great time. I haven't been to one in almost five years, if you can believe that. Also, it'll be nice to get out of Vegas for a few days and goof off with my Phoenix crew--it sounds like we've got a full weekend of buffoonery planned.

When I went to call Eddie, I was scrolling down through my contact list in my phone, and I came across a name and phone number that I didn't recognize. Apparently, at some point in the recent past, I met a gal named 'Caroline' and she gave me her number.

But I have no idea when this was, or what she looks like, or what the circumstances were where I got her number. I've been wracking my brain for an hour and I'm drawing a complete blank. Of course, the easy way out would be to just call and ask, but that would be kind of embarrassing, I think.

Hey, you probably don't remember me, but I found your number in my phone. Did we hook up or something?

~~~~ Fast forward five minutes~~~~

And just like that, I now remember who she is.

No, we didn't hook up--she's a friend of a friend, I met her one night playing poker. It was the week right before March Madness, and of course that experience tends to be a mind-eraser. And no, we won't be hooking up--we both play for the same team, if you know what I mean.

But at least the mystery has been solved. Thought I was losin' my mind for a minute.

Behold the power of the Blog! Is there anything it can't do???


Mikey

No comments: