Monday, February 23, 2009

Quick Update

I've got about five minutes before I have to leave, but I wanted to share a little info. (Work just called--I gotta go in four hours early tonight--Woot!).

Anyhow, I just got off the phone with Marcie, and we *may* have a winner. She went and looked at a place this evening that sounds very promising, somewhat affordable, and right in the area she needs to be--close to work and close to her kids' schools. We'll know more by Wednesday, but so far, it sounds pretty good. It's still a little early to breathe a sigh of relief, but there is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel.

On the other hand, the stress of the week, and from what I can tell, the lack of sleep and lack of eating properly has taken it's toll and she's sick as a dog tonight. Just one more obstacle to overcome, I suppose. But she'll make it--she's not alone in this fight--it seems that the entire Hurricane Mikey community is pulling for her.

Anyhow, since I'm sharing small part of this burden , just to know that she may have found a suitable place is great news. I know how much better I feel all of the sudden, so I can only imagine it's a hundred times better for her.

Thanks again everyone--I'll be back sometime tomorrow!

Mikey

No comments: