Monday, May 12, 2008

Turning Pro

Howdy everyone. I hope you're all having a wonderful Monday morning. In my world, it's still Sunday night, as I just got home from the grind... And man, I gotta tell you--after not really working for about a week, it was a cast-iron bitch to pull a shift last night. (Thursday was a cakewalk half-night, and last Monday I sat on my ass all night on dead tables until the that meltdown with the former Future Mrs. Otherwise, I've been off all week). And to make matters worse, I was on my very least favorite string of tables--$5 Pai Gow, $10 Super Fun 21, and a six deck shoe that's usually $10 minimum, but tonight it was a $25 table, thank flyingspaghettimonster, so the asshat factor was greatly reduced.

Anyhow, a piece of news from last week is that I got an email from an online promotion company, and one of their clients is an online gaming company who wants to buy ad space on my site. I don't know any of the details yet--I'm still waiting for a packet of info, but we'll see. I hope it's legit, because I could use a few bucks. And it would almost be like getting paid to write.

And speaking of sponsors, I got a package of goodies from the Bacon Salt guys this weekend. I got a box with a bottle of every variety of Bacon Salt they sell (four different kinds) and a Bacon Salt koozie for my beer. So it looks like I need to get cooking. But now I have seven, yes, SEVEN bottles of Bacon Salt on hand, so I told Rob to help himself. Anyhow, I guess if I ever make it to a final table at the World Series or on the WPT, I'll be the guy wearing the Bacon Salt gear, instead of that ridiculous Full Tilt logo. Bacon Salt!

I think if they really want to sell that stuff, they need to get themselves on the hood of a Nascar Sprint Cup car.

Anyhow, that's about all the news from the blog front.

Mikey

No comments: