Sunday, December 09, 2007

I'll Have a Blue Christmas

I guess there is a downside to all that productivity from yesterday. I got a lot done, but the Law of Unintended Consequences must be satisfied, so there were a few side effects that came along with my cleaning frenzy.

First of all, I went to put a load of laundry in the washer, and guess what I found sitting in the bottom of the machine? Nope--not my wallet--I've been very careful with this latest one. Instead of washing my ID and debit cards on a regular basis, I've moved on to laundering pens. Blue-ink roller gel pens, to be exact.

Of course I panicked, but when I pulled it out, there were no ink globs leaking out and it appeared that there was no harm/no foul to the washing machine. I even brought it back to my room to see if it still worked on a piece of paper, and it wrote like it was brand new. No problemo.

So a few minutes later, I pull the clothes from the dryer. It was a load of whites. WAS is the operative word here. Pretty much every article of clothing in that load now looks like a Chargers throwback jersey. Except for my Hurricane Mikey shirt and a pair of boxer briefs--they're full-on dark blue on one side, with big huge ink spots.

Being a guy, and a bachelor to boot, I'm certainly not going to throw them out. Unfortunately, I can't really do anything with my Hurricane Mikey shirt except wear it around the house now, which is too bad, because it was certainly a conversation starter. Even the teller at the bank was asking me about it the other day.

As far as the ink-stained blue boxers go, well, I think they'll come in handy if I ever find myself under the mistletoe with an accidental Smurfette.

Mikey

No comments: