Monday, August 06, 2007

Not Just For Downloading Pr0n

Sometimes, the internet can actually be used for more fruitful endeavors than checking scores or wasting time looking at dirty pictures. I get most of my news from the internet nowadays, blessedly free from commercial interruption, and most of my I-wish-I-were-sailing escapism is found on the screen of my laptop, too.

And even though the internet is a wasteland even more vast than television could ever hope to be, there are still some excellent diamonds to be found among the majority of excrement found in cyberspace.

For instance, this afternoon I read a fascinating article about the pros and cons of anarchy/self-governance versus state governance that really made me sit back and think for a bit. I know, it doesn't sound like the most interesting subject in the world, but it certainly scratched my intellectual itch. And it was a nice break from the usual daily bread-and-circuses.

But digesting that article used up my entire brain-power quota for the day, so I'll need to spend a few hours dealing Let It Ride tonight just so I can feel smart again. In the meantime, I think I'm gonna get a head start by watching some cartoons or YouTube videos of Jessica Simpson talking.

Mikey

No comments: