Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Multi-Tasking on the Cutting Edge

I've got two cores of power, one gig of memory, a half-pack of smokes, and the love of Jesus on my side...

Right now I'm giving the Toshiba laptop it's first real workout since I brought it home less than two months ago. If you could even begin to imagine how archaic my old computer was, doing everything I'm doing right now is nothing short of a miracle.

Currently, I'm doing all of the following, simultaneously, without a hiccup:

1) Checking email
2) Downloading six songs on Limewire
3) Monitoring the chat room at T2V
4) Writing this post on my Blogger dashboard
5) Searching for four other songs on Limewire
6) Listening to my mp3 library--currently it's George Michael's Freedom '90 (a great song and in my opinion the best video ever made for MTV).
7) Bouncing between four different tabs on Mozilla.

When you consider that on my old Compaq, if I opened the T2V chat room, everything else came to a complete halt and the computer needed a reboot each time, well, I'm just tickled to death because this machine doesn't break a sweat.

My next project is to download TubeSucker and start getting all my favorite funny videos onto my iPod.

Mikey

No comments: